The NFL draft is less than 72 hours away and the anxiety of knowing who the lions will take with the 21st pick is slowly setting in for most fans. With that said here are fifteen possible selections outside, inside, and around the box.
Outside the Box:
• Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
• Haason Reddick, ILB, Temple
• O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
• Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
• Derek Barnett, EDGE Rush, Tennessee
If ANY of these players fall to the Lions they should bounce on them. Though, it will be highly unlikely a fan can only dream. I personally would love O.J. Howard or Corey Davis because they are major offensive weapons. Plus, this draft is loaded with defensive talent throughout the first 3 rounds.
Inside the Box:
• Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
• Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
• Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
• Takkarist McKinley, DE, UCLA
• David Njoku, TE, Miami
These players are likely to be on the board when the Lions pick. My guess is all players are in play. Though, I would prefer Jabrill Peppers to be the selection because he brings a star power that none of the other players bring IMO. Plus, he can be a huge contributor on special teams and offense in a few packages.
Around the Box:
• Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
• Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
• Kevin King, CB, Washington
• Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
• T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
These players should all be available when the lions pick, but I personally feel like we should pass on each of them. Not due to a lack of talent, but value of our pick. Conley, is the only player from this list that warrants the 21st pick, but this draft is loaded at CB. We can find an option well into the 3rd round. Davis, Cunningham, and Watt would all be great additions for the Lions, but are 2nd round talents.